MORNING & AFTERNOON CAR RIDER PROCEDURES
There will be NO left turns allowed as you exit the car rider line on to Sawnee Avenue.
Morning Arrival to BES
- A fully-staffed car rider line is from 8:00 a.m. - 8:25 a.m.
- Upon entering the car line, cell phones should not be in use.
- Children should be located on the right side of the car to allow for an easy exit.
- Please keep up with the vehicle in front of you.
- Please keep your child's head, arms, and legs in the car at all times.
- Please do not let children sit in the driver's seat and help drive the vehicle.
- As the car approaches the drop-off location, students should unbuckle themselves, have their bookbag on, and place any materials being carried, in their hands.
- Please move forward until directed to stop. Once stopped, place the vehicle in the parked position. In the morning, we typically unload five to six cars at a time.
- When dropping off a child, the parent or guardian should not exit the vehicle.
- Once the child has exited the vehicle, they will be directed to follow the paw prints that lead into the school.
- Do not drive around or pass cars that are still unloading. Vehicles will wait until all children have exited their vehicle before proceeding to the exit.
- Children MUST be seated in their classroom by 8:30 a.m. or they will be counted tardy.
- Vehicles NOT in line when the clock turns 8:25 a.m. will be directed to sign the child in through the front office.
- Students coming in through the front office MUST be escorted into the building by a parent or guardian.
- Even though a car is in line by 8:25 a.m., a student may be counted tardy if not in their classroom by 8:30 a.m.
- Students who ride the bus and arrive before 8 a.m. will wait in the gym. These students will be dismissed to their homeroom from the gym at 8:00 a.m.
Afternoon Dismissal from BES
- The afternoon car rider line begins at 3:00 p.m.
- Please do not use cell phones once the car pick-up line begins to move.
- The school-issued car rider tag is required for pick-up. (Even if we know who you are. You must have a car rider tag to pick up a child.) If you do not have a tag, you will be directed to the front office to get one. Additional tags are $2.
- A staff member is responsible for radioing your child's name. Please wait until they have done so before moving on in the line.
- Move all the way forward until directed to stop.
- Vehicles should be placed in park.
- Normally, three students are loaded into cars at a time.
- Children will enter the car on the right-hand side.
- Parents or Guardians should remain in the vehicle at all times.
- Once the child is loaded, you may proceed to the exit.
- If a child needs assistance with getting buckled in, your vehicle should move forward towards the exit. As you proceed, please move over to the left to stay out of the flow of traffic. It is in this area you may get out of the car and help buckle up your child. Do not assist while in the line.
- Vehicles need to be in line by 3:30 pm
- Students waiting after the car rider line ends will be placed in Wolf Pack and a fee will be assessed.
- Wolf Pack students are picked up at the opposite side of the building near the daycare center.
BES Car Rider Line