Wednesday, September 13, 2023 at 8:45
Wednesday, December 13, 2023 at 8:45
Wednesday, February 21, 2024 at 8:45
Wednesday, May 15, 2024 at 8:45
School councils are comprised of a minimum of seven council members:
- The principal;
- At least two certificated teachers;
- A number of parents, so that parents make up a majority of the council.
- At least 2 parents must be businesspersons; and
- Other members as specified in the council's bylaws.
Council members serve a term of two years, or for a term specified in the council's bylaws.
All members of the School Council must:
- Maintain a school-wide perspective on issues;
- Regularly participate in council meetings;
- Participate in information and training programs;
- Act as a link between the school council and the community;
- Encourage the participation of parents and others within the school community; and
- Work to improve student achievement and performance.
Any BES parent is welcome to attend School Council meetings. However, only School Council Members take part in voting actions.
Crystal Dillard - Chairperson / Business Partner / Parent
Jessica Litton - Vice-Chairperson / Parent
Valerie Farrar - Secretary / Teacher
Melanie Watson - Teacher
Brian Karr - Business Partner / Parent
Morgan Jacobs - Business Partner
Mark Graves - Secretary / Principal