September 30, 2020
January 8, 2021
March 25, 2021
May 13, 2021
School councils are comprised of a minimum of seven council members:
- The principal;
- At least two certificated teachers;
- A number of parents, so that parents make up a majority of the council.
- At least 2 parents must be businesspersons; and
- Other members as specified in the council's bylaws.
Council members serve a term of two years, or for a term specified in the council's bylaws.
All members of the School Council must:
- Maintain a school-wide perspective on issues;
- Regularly participate in council meetings;
- Participate in information and training programs;
- Act as a link between the school council and the community;
- Encourage the participation of parents and others within the school community; and
- Work to improve student achievement and performance.
Any BES parent is welcome to attend School Council meetings. However, only School Council Members take part in voting actions.
Morgan Jacobs - Chairperson / Business Partner / Parent
Karrie Crocker - Vice Chairperson / Parent
Mark Graves - Secretary / Principal
Todd Cleveland - Business Partner
Valerie Farrar - Teacher
Alicia Kelly - Parent
Melanie Watson - Teacher